All cars to run on electricity only, but they self-ignite while standing in the heat


Crews responded to an electric bus fire in the parking lot of the CT Transit Bus Depot on State Street this morning. Lithium ion battery fires are difficult to extinguish due to the thermal chemical process that produces great heat and continually reignites. Exposures were protected at the scene. Two CT Transit workers were transported as a precaution from exposure to the smoke and one firefighter was transported for heat exhaustion. The Fire Marshal is investigating the incident.

It comes just a day after the governor of Connecticut demanded that all cars in the state run on electricity in the future.

Self-ignitions of electric vehicles have been on the rise recently, and the consequences are always a completely burnt vehicle and, in not a few cases, other cars around them.

About the Author


This news item is from RallyPulse - Rally and Auto News